Friday, July 13, 2012

Italy Bound

One of the main reasons I'm starting this blog is to chronicle my preparations for my upcoming (October) trip to Italy to tour Reggio Emilia.  I was invited by a highly respected friend/mentor/educator/consultant to travel to the town of Reggio Emilia, Italy with 50 educators/authors/professors/consultants and tour the place where the Reggio Emilia philosophy of education began, the Loris Malaguzzi International Centre and Reggio Children schools.  I can't begin to tell you how honored I am to be a part of such an esteemed group of educators.  I will be surrounded by people who "write the books" that we read professionally as educators.  I'm sure I'll be pinching myself while I'm there!
I'll be posting throughout the summer and into the fall about how I'm integrating this "Reggio" philosophy into my classroom, and with my own children.  So much of it is a natural progression of learning, it won't seem revolutionary to many of you.  However, in this age of high-stakes testing and the pressures to "get through" curriculum in our classrooms, it might sound like a challenge.  I'm ready to take it on, full force!

Upcoming posts: 
  • Diving Deeper into the Reggio philosophy
  • Blocks Beyond Kindergarten 
Stay tuned... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment